Thursday, August 30, 2007

Catching Up

My grandfather passed away on the 17th. Even though I know he was ready and willing to go, a loss is still a loss and we are sad here. My grandmother is making some difficult choices now and it is harder now than ever to be far away from her.

Added to this is the happy/sad news that my brother in law finally got his dream job with the US Government. He has waited a very long time for this opportunity and we are thrilled for him. Unfortunately, dream jobs sometimes come with big moves and he will be leaving for the west coast/southwest soon. My daughter is especially sad over that one.

CAP's school supplies are labeled (seriously, every crayon) and were delivered to her new second-grade desk at the school open house tonight. I like her new teacher. She won my heart by asking us to come to a meeting to "tell us what I expect of you and your child this year."

And we went to my school yesterday to pick up textbooks. Hooray for text-rental. $700 some odd dollars worth of books are mine for $ 5.75 a credit. My books are heavy. Heavier than I can reasonably expect to carry every day so there will be some creative car-as-locker use coming up soon. All the books look interesting. There was a good laugh when I noticed that all the books include a version of this sentence in the opening chapter - "It is impossible to over emphasize the importance of insert subject here." Apparently I am studying some REALLY important stuff this term. My other favorite item is from my religion text book. The subtitle is "Readings for a New Approach to Religion." It was printed in 1973.

That's all really. There was some not-knitting (seaming up) on the pink baby sweater and there was a lot of laundry washed, folded and put away. Other than that ...just waiting for that routine to take off. Any day now.

No comments: