Thursday, September 13, 2007

"You Can't Treat Jesus Like a Frisbee!"

This is what I've learned at school this semester.

Well, that and many other things already. Like how to prepare a Gram stain and how to use a separatory funnel (like a fat separator for chemists!) and how to spell "desiccate."

My head and my schedule are full, full, full. I know I am getting much more out of school at almost-thirty than I did at almost-eighteen, but it is harder to balance school with spouse and house and children and church and still make time to wash my hair. It all fits into twenty-four hours, but just barely.

On the menu tonight - pancakes, sausage and applesauce. A move inspired by Molly's list of ways to cut your grocery budget. Yum.

First homework due tomorrow and first quiz too. School is truly in session!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The question was asked about where one might find resources that would help people learn what items they should stockpile for their personal use in the event of a pandemic, or other national emergency. There are many online sites that focus on the possibility of pandemic influenza, such as: http://www.singtomeohmuse.com/
or http://www.newfluwiki2.com/frontPage.do
or the Flu Clinic at
http://www.curevents.com/vb/index.php

Any and all of these sites are full of information that could be invaluable to people who, rather than rely totally on gov't help, would prefer to take the initiative to help themselves prepare for a potential pandemic.

National stockpiles are all well and good, but until someone can demonstrate to my satisfaction that they are able and willing to provide me with whatever I might need, I feel compelled to protect me and mine as best I am able. I've been working at preparing for such an eventuality for two years now, and so have a lot of other people.

It's not too late to start.